Skip to main content

Last blog for last fieldtrip



Unfailin', Fulfillin' Fieldtripin'.

Transport icons, +3,300 free files in PNG, EPS, SVG format
Hi!~ thank you for stopping by-- We cool? then let's get it drivin`!


Apparently, this fieldtrip could be my last pursuit of wonder in high school. Next year, things aren't gonna be the same as it were. No more explorations, no more fun with classmates, no more memories to keep. Gettin' old really sucks isn't it? knowing that some things in our life would just eventually take off. I guess it'll just be a departing part of my journey. But, that's how life works. A cycle of having and not having. Probably, enjoying it would be my utmost solution. Right? So let me tell you what happened in the last 26th of September.

It's early in the morning when I started to wake up— the skies was still filled with darkness and the breeze of the air was cold. Nothing really gets to my mind that time except sleeping. Really. I'm still sleepy as heck but the clock is ticking. Our fieldtrip is near its call-time and my time is running out. I immediately ran for a towel and got my ass in the shower. It took me 10 minutes to get all done. I took my phone and asked my classmates a bunch of questions about the trip and I went to school afterwards. As I am taking my steps on the road, I saw Keesha. I helped her with her things and we went together inside of the campus. Well, students were already lining up and the buses began to start their engines. We first arranged ourselves in the gymnasium before getting inside the buses. My bus is bus number 7, and it is a combination of Grade 10 and half of Grade 12. I took my seat as everyone is arranging their things— then in a few minutes, our wheels started to roll.



As we are taking our way to our first destination, our tour guide "Kuya Carlo" introduced himself to everyone and told us the details on how our day will work out. He's a nice guy and I totally admire him for how he entertained the whole bus with his cool facts and funny jokes. Even though the whole bus is still sleepy and unenergetic. lol. But I didn't listen very well to Kuya Carlo, I instead focused more on how will I enjoy the day with my classmates and especially Keesha. Funny thing is, it's so annoying because our seats were separated. Ms Erika said that we can't have a seat with each other since we have a relationship, but you know, I'm such a jackass. I secretly exchanged seats with Lucelle later that day. xd. 


It's around 8 am and we took our first bus stop. There, I went for a comfort room and I had my way back to the bus to eat my breakfast. It took several minutes to get everybody done. Then, we started rolling again. Thankfully, Ate Pau, a Grade 12 student— started to bring up the vibe by playing some songs momentarily.

After long hours of roadtrip, we reached the lands of Paete, Laguna


 



Then we got inside of a huge and old church named Roman Catholic Church of Saint James the Apostle. I can tell that it was super old because of its state. It's amazing to tell that people of Paete managed to keep the church standing for a long time, as well as taking care of what's inside of it.Then, a young tour guide made a speech to all of us and explained the beauty of Paete, Laguna; and the Paete Church. 

Outside of paete church

Inside of paete church


A portrait of painting inside of paete church
We soon had a demonstration of carving by the two kuya's in Paete.I can say that they are really, really good because they showed bunch of animals through carving fruits, vegetables and ice. Paete, Laguna deserved its title for being the "Carving Capital of the Philippines"


 


We came back to our bus after exploring for a few minutes because the temperature outside was so hot and it makes me dizzy, so I just slept going to our next destination which is the UPLB. Unfortunately, we can't stay there because we are already late due to traffic. So we just used the bus to take a view on some parts of UPLB and we cutted our destination to "Lakbay Museo". It's place was inside of MOA (Mall of Asia) and I was so excited because it's my legit first time going there! :-)).







"Lakbay Museo" was a really great idea to promote culture in different parts of the Philippines. There, different trademarks, fashion, food, and even dances was shown to us. The people working there was also wearing traditional clothes according to what region they belong to. It was sure great and memorable. The place was so fun and colorful and it's kind of new to me so... worth~ :D.














After that, we are so tired and made another bus stop to eat dinner. It was raining so I invited Keesha to watch a movie with me, but she don't want because she was scared of horror and instead she just took a sleep. :((.

Despite of being tired and the expectedly not worth it, it was a still fun to have a journey with my friends and classmates. Atleast we have things to remember, things we can treasure and be happy about. Even if it is lousy and boring, we still did it together. So I guess this will be my last chance doing a blog for a fieldtrip. Farewell!!~



Thank you for listening, 
Jared Ligson signing off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Beautiful

"You are beautiful." H ave you ever felt insecure about the way you look? Have you ever felt the need to change a part of your body? These are some of the reasons why people want to get cosmetic surgery. But what is cosmetic surgery? Cosmetic Surgery is a kind of surgery that involves transforming, reordering or refining a part of your body to improve one's appearance. It was believed that Cosmetic Surgery began to develop after World War 1 due to war injuries. Cosmetic surgery was mostly performed to fix a broken nose or patch up burned skins. But as time goes by, people started to think of this as a way to change their appearances. People started wanting to get cosmetic surgery. We have created a poll on Twitter, asking people their thoughts about cosmetic surgery. In less than 24 hours, we got the results. The majority vote was the affirmation side where 93% said they agree on cosmetic surgery.   Their answers all have the same point: is that they agree b