Skip to main content

My Last RIS Field Trip


Field Trip is a journey for students and teachers to go to a place away from their natural environment. Sometimes the place that we go to are connected with what we study; it can also give us knowledge about certain topics to help us learn new things. But the real purpose of this trip for us students is to create those unforgettable memories that could last forever until our last breath. This event can relieve our stress from a long day at school, can even make the bond with our friends stronger for it gives us the whole day to be with our close friends while enjoying the day.

Going to Laguna can take a couple of hours, that’s why we tried to entertain ourselves and to make myself happy, I went at the back of the bus and slept with my earphones on. 

 Our first stopover was at a gas station near SLEX for some of the students are in need of a bathroom and some are not yet eating their breakfast. I started my day with a Starbucks drink. Yes, I feel like having sweets and cold drinks in the morning can make you feel sick but I always feel like my Field Trip would never be complete if I wouldn’t have a sip of my favorite drink. After that, we immediately went back to the bus. 




















 Few hours of travelling had passed and we arrived in our first main destination located at Paete, Laguna. I heard that this place was famous for their Ice and Fruit Carvings, Pottery Making and most especially for their delicious fruit Lansones. We went to the St. James The Apostle Church where old paintings are located. There are tour guides in there who gave us a background about that historical place and the things that are inside. After that, they made us proceed to a place where two people compete in making fruit and ice carvings. They were extremely talented! They can even make multiple carvings in just a few amount of time. I even received a fruit carving made by the professionals because I was able to answer a question that was asked by the guide. After knowing the background of Paete and studying their culture, we were given a short amount of time to tour the place, take pictures and buy souvenirs. After everything else, we rushed inside the bus because it was really hot outside. 

















 Sadly, we didn’t get the chance to stay at our 2nd destination. This is at UPLB, Botanical Garden. We were supposed to eat our lunch at this place laying on the grass like we are having a picnic. But due to heavy traffic and delay, we didn’t get to experience this. But still, our bus roamed inside the UPLB and gave us information about the things inside held by the tour guide. Good thing I packed a lunch and ate it inside the bus. 

 Hours had passed and most of the students are already bored. Some are sleeping, some are using their phones and some are doing nothing. I didn’t try sleeping because I felt like if I sleep, my 1500 pesos will be nothing. So I thought of doing something to make every single moment of this trip memorable. Together with Neo and Lucelle, we went at the front part of the bus where the driver is located. The view there was so beautiful. We played riddles, pranked some of our friends and did things that can make us busy. 


After so many hours of waiting, we finally arrived at our last destination that was located at Conrad, Manila. LAKBAY MUSEO!! The highlight of my Field Trip! This place was magical. It was filled with Filipino materials and food that can give us a lot of knowledge about our own nation. Going to this place can make you love the Philippines more. They had given us a very warm welcome. By the time I entered the place, the feeling was surprising. Any person will be filled with lots of joy coming to that place. The staffs were very entertaining and approachable. They made my heart so happy for they made the place feel like home. After touring this wonderful and lovely place, we headed back to the bus.





When we were on our way home, they decided to make a stop at Jollibee for us to eat dinner. And because we didn’t have much time, we ate our meals inside the bus and headed back to our school. After everything else, me and my friends sit at the back of the bus and chitchat about things and compared last year and this years’ Field Trip. We arrived in the school at 9pm and went straight back home. 




I can say that this year was not the best Field Trip of all but at least I had fun, created lots of memories and enjoyed my last year as a Romarindan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You Are Beautiful

"You are beautiful." H ave you ever felt insecure about the way you look? Have you ever felt the need to change a part of your body? These are some of the reasons why people want to get cosmetic surgery. But what is cosmetic surgery? Cosmetic Surgery is a kind of surgery that involves transforming, reordering or refining a part of your body to improve one's appearance. It was believed that Cosmetic Surgery began to develop after World War 1 due to war injuries. Cosmetic surgery was mostly performed to fix a broken nose or patch up burned skins. But as time goes by, people started to think of this as a way to change their appearances. People started wanting to get cosmetic surgery. We have created a poll on Twitter, asking people their thoughts about cosmetic surgery. In less than 24 hours, we got the results. The majority vote was the affirmation side where 93% said they agree on cosmetic surgery.   Their answers all have the same point: is that they agree b